My sister in law got married last summer and my hubby decided that it would be a good idea to use our old money jug (which held more change and was more of a real jug shape) for a coin toss game at the stag even though I asked him not to. Of course, as predicted, it ended up getting not only broken but shattered into 100s of pieces. It took forever (8 months) but he finally found me a replacement.
This session I decided to focus only on the wheel and I ended up making 11 thrown pieces. Most of them were small like these. I know to expect the clay to shrink a significant amount but I am always surprised how much it shrinks. In the batch that didn't get fired yet I have a couple larger bowls.