Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fat Bottomness!!


About a year ago, I was trolling through a Savers (never heard of it? think Goodwill) and came accross Debbie Stoller's 'Stitch 'N Bitch: The Happy Hooker' for a measly $3! I was super excited since it had been on my wishlist on PaperbackSwap for months and months (P.S- Being quite thrifty, I LOVE PBS- trade your books for credits to 'buy' different ones). I had tried crocheting years ago, but really got into it again with the help of this book. About a month or two ago, I tried making the Fat Bottomed bag, but used yarn too thin and it was coming out wayyy to small, so stopped out of frustration. Recently I started it again with thicker yarn (Lion Brand Vannah's Choice- $2 a double skein at Ocean State Job Lot!) and I finially made it. Well sort of. I've finished the crocheting, now I just need to line it. I found this tutorial which explains really well how to line the bag.  My fabric is all cut and ready to go, the biggest obsticle is going to be learning how to use my new sewing machine that I've had for months but stilll haven't spent the time to learn how to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment