**If you sell or post any items made from this pattern, please include a link back to my site. (EX- "This item was made from a pattern on Stargazun Designs" ) Thanks!!**
Fleece Stuffed Rainbow Star Pillow Pattern:Supplies:
- Scraps of 10 colors of fleece
- Pattern Tracing material like Pellon 830 (optional)
- Rotary cutter and mat or Scissors
- Thread (I used a medium tone grey- it seemed to blend the best with all of the colors)
- Hand Sewing Needle
- Sewing Machine
- I created a pattern on my pattern tracing material. Measure and cut a piece 2.5in by 10in. On one of the longer sides, mark up 3.5in. Using your ruler, make two cuts by connecting the mark to each of the opposite corners. You should now have a off center triangle like below. (*NOTE* If you don't create a pattern, you can cut each piece of the star like this to get the same result.)
- Cut out two triangles of each of the fabrics. Make sure you cut them opposite- one with the pattern right side up and one with it wrong side up. After cutting, when you line up like sides, the triangles should be right sides together. The easiest way to do this is to fold your fabric in half and cut two pieces at once (which I know is sometimes hard to do with fleece).
- Lay your pieces for one side in whatever order you choose. (Match long sides of the triangle to create a star point. Keep the smallest edges towards the middle of the triangle and match those in between points.) Repeate the same pattern with the pieces of the other side WRONG side up.
- With your fabrics that are right side up, sew along the long edges creating 5 sections of the star (sew them in the order they are in but make sure to keep the seams on the WRONG side of the fabric). Sew the 5 sections together along smallest sides. Repeate with the pieces that were layed out wrong side up (again, keep them in the order they are in but make sure to keep seems on the WRONG side).
- In the center, my sewing wasn't perfect and my edges didn't match up perfectly. I took some thread and needle and hand sewed the pieces together where needed. If you dont want to do this you can put a button in the middle of both sides once the piece is finished to cover up any imperfections.
- Put the two star shaped pieces RIGHT SIDES together. Match colors and pin.
- Sew around the edges leaving a 4in seam opening on one of the edges of the star.
- Clip down points so there isn't a lot of excess fabric. Turn the star right side out making sure to push out points.
- Hand sew opening closed.
- Enjoy your new pillow!